Thursday 16 August 2012

QR Codes are “Highly Versatile”



My Fur Babies

Blog hopping helped me quickly discover QR Codes and now I have been seeing them everywhere – even on bananas. My last QR Code post was about ways teachers are using them in schools and classrooms to engage students. To further explore the possibilities of QR Codes I ordered the book QR Codes for Dummies byJoe Waters. My favourite part of this book was discovering how versatile QR Codes are. Joe Waters mentions how they can even help you find your lost pet. I know my blog is supposed to be about my experiences as a teacher-librarian but I thought this was just worth mentioning (my dogs are my babies). I almost lost my dog last summer and it was the most scariest experience of my life. It’s unbelievable how many pets get lost per year and the small percentage that actually find their way back home. QR codes may actually help solve this problem.  Now QR Codes can be added to your fur baby’s collar that links to a free online pet profile webpage onPetHub.com. Check out the video to see how it works. The coolest thing about this is that if someone scans your pet’s QR Code, you will receive an email notification that can potentially track the scanner’s location using the GSP in their smartphone. Whoever came up with this is an absolute genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment